With the holiday season fast approaching I am always looking for crowd pleasing appetizers to bring to parties and gatherings.
I found a great one! One that will wow any crowd with this decadent dip & homemade crackers!
My husband and I recently took a cooking class at Johnson & Wales University in Denver, Colorado. And the food was fabulous. I mean out of this world fabulous. And one of my favourite dishes was this dip.
- 14 ounce can of Artichoke hearts (water-packed, drained)or 10 ounces of frozen artichoke hearts
- 1.5 Cups diced onions
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1. In a food processor, combine the artichoke hearts, onions, garlic, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and goat cheese. Blend the ingredients, leaving some texture in the dip. Spoon the dip into a 7- or 8-inch (18- or 20-centimeter) casserole dish. Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs over the top of the dip.
- 2/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/3 flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Seeds, such as: caraway, cumin, sesame, poppy, fennel, and black mustard
- To taste Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl, then work in the butter with fingers until small crumbs are formed. Add the mustard, cheeses, and eggs and work the dough lightly so that it forms a coherent mass. Wrap in plastic, press into a disk, and let rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 475°F (246°C). Divide the dough into two pieces. Lightly flour the work surface and roll each piece into a rectangle about 10 x 14 inches (25 x 35 centimeters). Scatter the extra salt, seeds, and pepper flakes over the top and lightly press them into the dough with the rolling pin.