I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach that one day soon my youngest will jump out of his crib. Every parents nightmare.
Not because you fear your precious little toddler will hurt himself while hurling himself over the side. But because once they are released from their small enclosed crib and experience the freedom of a big boy bed, your life as you know it is over. Just writing this makes me want to cry.
But I need to come to terms with this now.
So my planning must begin. Once this dreaded day actually happens I’m thinking of moving my youngest (the current crib dweller) out of his room and into my older sons room (since it’s toddler themed; cars, planes, trains etc). And then giving my older son the nursery and a whole new older boy themed bedroom.
The only problem is I have no money or time to actually complete this bedroom makeover.
So instead of feeling sorry for myself I thought I would create this somewhat realistic mood board on what I would love to do in his room if I had the time and money.
1. Birch Tree Stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils for $64.95. Can you believe that’s a stencil!
2. Nate Berkus for Target Turtle Shell $39.99. This just has to be in my home somewhere.
3. Industrial light, will start searching ebay (I’ve seen a few there).
4. DIY Board and Batten. Check out the tutorial on my Bathroom Board and Batten found here. Could do the whole room for under $100.
5. Vintage Camping Stool, flea market.
6. Wooden tree stump as table. We’re having some trees removed in our yard this spring so I think I may keep a large stump.
7. Ikea Mydal Bunk Bed $159.00. I plan on taking the bottom bed off and having a secret little tent area for play underneath. Similar to this (just more boyish). This bunk bed sits much lower to the ground than other bunk beds so it’s perfect for my 4-year-old (and 2-year-old who will end up playing in there a lot).
8. Hudson Bay Blanket. Of course this is a dream of mine since they are $370 from HBC! But I did find this knockoff for $145 (still not going to happen). But I do plan on knitting one like this one from PurlBee one day.
10. Ikea Stockholm Rug $299.00. Also never going to happen, but I’ve had a crush on this rug since the day it was revealed in the Ikea catalog.
11. Bug display. I actually own about 10 of these. I know weird. Lets just say as a child I was very similar to Jack.
12. Red Bins from Target now discontinued. Lots of alternatives though.
13. Uncle Milton Moon in My Room from Amazon for $17.99. Love this light.
So what do you think? Have you tried stenciling a room before? I’m just so in love with that birch tree stencil, I must have it.