This is one of those holiday recipes we look forward to eating all year-long.
Be prepared everyone will ask you for this recipe.
It’s the perfect holiday party dish and it’s so simple.
Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 tBsp + 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely diced red onion (about half onion)
- 1/2 cup Thompson raisins
- 1 tBsp dark rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecan halves
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in large skillet.
- Sautee onion and raisins in butter for 4 minutes.
- Add rum; stir over medium high heat. When rum evaporates, add water. Continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, pecans, cranberries and brown sugar. Saute 1 minute.
- Add vanilla.
- Cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Set aside to cool.
- You can store this in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze it.
- Before serving, soften in the microwave at medium power for about 30-45 seconds, or let it sit at room temperature for about an hour.
- For the brie:
- Preheat the oven to 350F, with the rack in the centre of the oven. Cut the top off the brie (using a serrated knife and cold cheese helps).
- Spread the chutney on the brie.
- Place on a baking sheet or oven-proof dish.
- Bake 10 minutes or so, until soft in the middle.