My New Years now involves convincing the kids that 8pm is really midnight.
We really don’t do much for New Years.
Make a nice meal. The kids say the nice meal is gross and eat spaghetti o’s instead. Basically just a regular old day in our house.
But for the past 3 years we’ve done the balloon drop.
I fill 12 balloons with easy activities and number the balloons 1-12. The kids pop one each hour until “midnight”.
- Have a balloon fight
- Enjoy a Chocolate
- Hatch Sea Monkeys (we bought some awhile ago and never did anything with them)
- Help take down the Christmas Tree (one chore is always good)
- Baking Soda volcano
- Bake cookies
- Go for a bike ride around the block
- Bathtub Paints! (incorporate bedtime routine into this)
- Dance Party on our bed
- Shadow puppets
- Pucker Up (must give mom a kiss)Happy New Year’s from my family to yours.