I despise meal planning. It seems to take me forever. I sit at the kitchen table each week and can’t come up with a single meal. It’s not the entrée portion of the meal I struggle with, it’s the sides. I can only take so much broccoli and potatoes.
But this Cilantro Lime Rice is my new favourite side dish. It takes no time at all, and is a super healthy option.
Cilantro Lime Rice and Beans
It doesn’t get anymore basic or delicious as rice and beans. And thanks to Minute® Ready to Serve Rice it’s a super quick side dish.
You only need Brown Rice Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, cilantro, lime, and salt.
- Brown Rice Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook both cups of rice in microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to large bowl. Add the zest and juice of 1 lime, handful of chopped cilantro and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir to combine. Serve hot.
Bacon Black Beans Recipe
- 2 cans black beans, 1 drained and 1 undrained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
1. Cut up 2 pieces of bacon and add to a heavy bottom pot. Cook on medium for 5 minutes.
2. To the same pot add beans, chili powder, cumin, allspice, garlic, salt, and sugar. Stir to combine and let simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for lunch or breakfast because you can eat it on the go, straight from the cup. In just 60 seconds, you have fully cooked rice for any meal or snack. You’ll never get bored with your lunch since there are 10 flavorful and wholesome varieties. If you’re looking for a healthy option, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice provides easy portion control since it’s conveniently packaged in two individual single-serve cups.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ for recipes, including Minute® Ready to Serve Stir it Up recipe ideas and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.