Before having kids I taught high school Food & Nutrition. One of our units of study was meal planning. Now I know every teacher thinks their subject is the most important one that students will take in school. But learning how to put a meal on the table each night is something that everyone throughout their life will struggle with. And doing it as stress free as possible is a much harder task than my students knew at the time.
One of my weekly ways to simplify our meals is to cook either a couple of chicken breasts or a whole chicken on Sunday. I then shred the meat and use it throughout the week.
One of our go-to recipes to use up this shredded chicken is my spinach, goat cheese and chicken quesadilla.
I love this recipe because with two picky kids I can just make theirs with chicken and cheese and I’m not cooking a completely separate meal for them.
Now for the key to this recipe. To make the tortilla shells crispy and delicious I add some Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil to the griddle. Cook shells on each side for about 2 minutes.
- 2 tBsp olive oil + extra for shells
- -2 tBsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- -1 tBsp garlic minced
- -salt & pepper
- -1 bag of baby spinach
- -goat cheese
- -shredded chicken
- -flour tortilla shells
- Add 2 tBsp olive oil, 2 tBsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, and 1 tBsp minced garlic to pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add entire bag of spinach. Stir.
- To make shells add Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil to griddle and cook shells on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Now layer goat cheese, chicken, and spinach onto a shell and cover with another shell.
- Cook the quesadilla’s on the griddle for another 2- 3 minutes or so. Until goat cheese is nice and creamy.
- Serve hot.
I like to use Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil for this recipe because it’s made with only three simple ingredients: sweet cream, canola oil and salt. Other margarine spreads are made with up to 15. And since my 4-year-old lives off of bread and margarine I know that I’m at least giving him the most wholesome option. Plus it’s easy to spread right out of the fridge.
The author was compensated by Land O’Lakes for this post. All opinions are my own.