Risotto is one of my favorite food indulgence. If you haven’t had it before you must. It’s cheesy, creamy and rich all in one delicious mouthful. I have used just about every recipe out there. The used to use Barefoot Contessa’s recipe or The Pioneer Woman’s recipe, how could you go wrong with anything by these 2 women.
5 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 cup arborio rice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup asiago cheese
1. Boil 5 cups of chicken stock in a large pot. Bring to boil and then reduce heat.
2. Add 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil to skillet on medium heat. Chop 1 large
shallot and add to pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Chop 2 cloves of garlic
and add to skillet. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 cup of arborio rice to skillet. Use wooden spoon to push rice around and cover
bottom of skillet. Cook rice for 3 minutes. Stir rice trying to make sure every grain has a
chance to toast. Cook and additional minute. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add 1 large ladle of chicken stock. Stir. Let rice absorb all the liquid. About 3 minutes.
Add chicken stock 1 ladle at a time, and allow liquid to absorb before adding the next ladle.
Takes about 20 minutes.
5. Once all chicken stock is absorbed add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Cook for 2-3
6. Grate 1/2 cup of asiago cheese and add to risotto. Stir. Once cheese has melted and
most of the liquid is absorbed let sit for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.